Divorce FAQ

Do you provide services for NRI divorces as well?

A: Yes, we do. We understand that NRI divorces are more complex. Our skilled NRI divorce lawyers will take this hassle out of your mind. We will handle the entire process smoothly and quickly.

What is meant by “grounds for divorce”?

A: The reasons that lead to a divorce are called the “grounds.” There are certain legally accepted reasons for divorce. One or more of these can be noted as the grounds for divorce. As soon as you get in touch with us, we can guide you as to what are the grounds for your divorce.

What should be the place of filing of divorce petition?

The place of filing can be one of the following:

  • The place of marriage.
  • The place where the respondent resides or works.
  • The place where the two married parties last resided together.
  • If the wife is the petitioner, the place can be her residence.
  • If the respondent is residing out of India [NRI] or has not been heard of for 7 years, the place where the petitioner resides.

If remarried, does one have to renounce property inherited from the former spouse?

No. The law says that remarriage does not disentitle a person from inheriting the property of the former spouse. If any such claim is made, DivorceLawyersInida can handle your case.

Is religious ceremony a necessity to consider a marriage legal?

No, a religious ceremony is not a necessity. If a marriage is performed with rituals and customs, then it is a marriage solemnized by the priest. On the other hand, if a marriage is performed through sub-registrar office, then it is called registered marriage as per procedural law. Even after the marriage registration, custom and rites can be performed.

How can I register or submit my case?

We have a very simple registration process. Send us an email if you would like to submit your case, or just fill our contact form to register. Visit our ‘Register & Payment’ page for more information.

What are the documents required for divorce based on mutual consent?

  • Address proof of Husband
  • Address proof of Wife
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Four passport size photographs of both husband and wife

What is the payment method?

We accept payments either through Paypal or via internet banking. The payment process is secure. Register with us to get the payment details. Visit our ‘Register & Payment’ page for more information.

We hope we were able to answer all of your doubts. For further queries, Please contact us to schedule a meeting with one of our expert divorce lawyers.